Have you recently fished a venue and found the experience such that you are driven to put pen to paper? If so, why not enter our Readers’ Competition and stand a chance of winning a great prize! If your article gets published, you will win a great Wychwood product, compliments of TCFF and StreamX.
Winner 1: Wychwood Flow 5/6-wt fly reel
• The Land of the Loughs (published in November 2013 issue)
Matthew Dooley visits Ireland in search of monster pike.
Winner 2: Wychwood Truefly 5/6-wt fly reel
• Discovering Rhodes (published in June 2014 issue)
Francois Roux discovers the trout waters of the Eastern Cape Highlands.
Winner 3: Wychwood Truefly 5/6-wt, 9ft, 3-piece fly rod
• Yellowfever on the Kafue (published in July 2014 issue)
Paul Danckwerts travels to the Kafue National Park in search of yellowfish.
Winner 4: Wychwood Flow 7/8-wt titanium reel
• Sandile's Rest (published in November 2014 issue)
Ryan Smith experiences the magic of the Amatola Mountains.
Winner 5:Wychwood Truefly 3-wt 7ft 4-pce rod
• Karoo Oasis (published in April 2015 issue)
Trout in the Karoo? Gijsbert Hoogendoorn travels to Somerset East to debunk the myth and comes back a believer.
Winner 6:Wychwood Flow 5/6-wt titanium reel
• The Art of New Experiences (published in May 2015 issue)
Mac Muller visits the Skuweberg and creates memories to treasure.
Winner 7:Wychwood Truefly 6-wt 9ft 4-pce rod
• Birth of a Salt Water Fly Rodder (published in July 2015 issue)
Daan Botha is smitten by the fabled waters of the Seychelles.
Winner 8: Wychwood Truefly 5/6 Cassette reel with two spare spools
• Lesotho Magic (published in September 2015 issue)
Henk van der Westhuizen discovers the fishing of Lesotho.
Winner 9: Wychwood Truefly 9ft 5-wt rod
• Eastern Cape Nirvana (published in October 2015 issue)
Francois Jacobs realises that there is no single aspect that makes a fly fishing journey worthwhile.
Winner 10: Wychwood Truefly 5/6 Cassette reel with two spare spools
• Getting Hooked on Fly Fishing (published in Feb/Mar 2016 issue)
Benjamin Steyn tells his tale of how he fell in love with fly fishing.
How to enter
Provide us with no more than 1800 words in a Microsoft Word document describing your experience, the venue and anything else you feel necessary, and e-mail it to email@example.com. Send the photographs (a maximum of ten) in jpeg format (300dpi) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll confirm your entry.